Brendan Campbell, MD, MPH
|Education:||BS, Trinity College, 1992
MD, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 1997
MPH, University of Michigan, 2004
|Residency:||University of North Carolina, 1997-2000, 2002-2004|
|Fellowship:||Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Michigan, 2000-2002
Surgical Critical Care (ECMO), University of Michigan, 2001-2002
Pediatric Surgery, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, 2004-2006
Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
Dr. Campbell has a broad interest in pediatric surgery with expertise in minimally invasive surgery, enteral access, pediatric gynecology, pediatric thoracic surgery, solid tumors, inflammatory bowel disease, trauma, burns, and neonatal surgery. His research activities are focused on childhood injury prevention and health services research in pediatric surgery with an emphasis on surgical quality. Dr. Campbell was a member of former governor Jodi Rell’s Teen Driving Task Force that provided evidenced-based recommendations to the state legislature on how to improve Connecticut’s graduated driver licensing laws. He is currently the State Chair for the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma.
- Campbell BT, Austin DM, Kahn O, McCann MC, Lerer TJ, Rader CM. Current trends in the management of pediatric ovarian torsion: we can do better. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2015;50:1374-77.
- Hagadorn JI, Herbst KW, Trzaski JM, Neff S, Campbell BT. Trends in treatment and in-hospital mortality for neonates with congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Journal of Perinatology 2015;35:748-54.
- Campbell BT, Herbst KW, Briden KE, Neff S, Ruscher KA, Hagadorn JI. Inhaled nitric oxide use in infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Pediatrics 2014;134:e420-6.
- Ruscher KR, Fisher JN, Hughes CD, Neff s, Lerer TR, Hight DW, Bourque MD, Campbell BT. National trends in the management of Meckel's diverticulum. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2011;46:893-6.
- Campbell BT, Kelliher KM, Corsi JM, Salaheen H, Borrup K, Bourque MD, Lapidus G. All-terrain vehicle riding among youth: how do they fair? Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2010;45:925-9.
- Kelliher KM, Santiago AH, Estrada DE, Campbell BT. Laparoscopic excision of a familial paraganglioma. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques 2009;19:1-4.
- Kim C, Campbell BT, Ferrer F. Robotic sigmoid vaginoplasty: a novel technique. Urology 2008;72:847-9.
- Campbell BT, Corsi JM, Boneti C, Smith SD, Kokoska ER. Pediatric Snakebites: Lessons learned from 114 cases. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2008:43;1338-41.
- Campbell BT, McVay MR, Lerer TJ, Lowe NJ, Smith SD, Kokoska ER. Ghosts in the machine: a multi-institutional comparison of laparoscopic and open pyloromyotomy. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2007:42;2026-9.
- Campbell BT, Narasimhan NP, Golladay ES, Hirschl RB. Biliary dyskinesia: a potentially unrecognized cause of abdominal pain in children. Pediatric Surgery International 2004;20:579-81.
- Campbell BT. Dividends. Academic Medicine 2004;79:487.
- Campbell BT, Braun T, Schumacher RE, Bartlett RH, Hirschl RB. Impact of ECMO on neonatal mortality in Michigan (1980-1999). Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2003;38:290-5.
- Campbell BT, McLean KM, Barnhart DC, Drongowski RA, Hirschl RB. A comparison between laparoscopic and open pyloromyotomy at a teaching hospital. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2002;37:1068-71.