Brendan Campbell, MD, MPH
|Education:||BS, Trinity College, 1992
MD, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 1997
MPH, University of Michigan, 2004
|Residency:||University of North Carolina, 1997-2000, 2002-2004|
|Fellowship:||Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Michigan, 2000-2002
Surgical Critical Care (ECMO), University of Michigan, 2001-2002
Pediatric Surgery, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, 2004-2006
Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
Dr. Campbell has a broad interest in pediatric general and thoracic surgery with special interest and expertise in minimally invasive surgery, enteral access, pediatric gynecology, solid tumors and neonatal surgery. His research activities are focused on childhood injury prevention and health services research in pediatric surgery focusing on quality of care and the evaluation of new technologies. Dr. Campbell was a member of former governor M. Jodi Rell’s Teen Driving Task Force that provided evidenced-based recommendations to the state legislature on how to improve Connecticut’s graduated driver licensing laws. He is currently the vice chair for the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma in Connecticut.
- Ruscher KR, Fisher JN, Hughes CD, Neff s, Lerer TR, Hight DW, Bourque MD,
Campbell BT. National trends in the management of Meckel's diverticulum Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2011;46:893-896.
- Santiago AH, Campbell BT, Estrada EE. Early presentation of familial paraganglioma
with SDHB mutation in a 13 year old and his mother. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism 2010;23:419-422.
- Campbell BT, Kelliher KM, Corsi JM, Salaheen H, Borrup K, Bourque MD, Lapidus G,.
All-terrain vehicle riding among youth: how do they fair? Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2010;45:925-929.
- Kelliher KM, Santiago AH, Estrada DE, Campbell BT. Laparoscopic excision of a
familial paraganglioma. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques 2009;19:1-4.
- Kim C, Campbell BT, Ferrer F. Robotic sigmoid vaginoplasty: a novel technique.
- Campbell BT, Corsi JM, Boneti C, Smith SD, Kokoska ER. Pediatric Snakebites:
Lessons learned from 114 cases. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2008:43;1338-1341.
- Campbell BT, McVay MR, Lerer TJ, Lowe NJ, Smith SD, Kokoska ER. Ghosts in the
Machine: A Multi-Institutional Comparison of Laparoscopic and Open Pyloromyotomy. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2007:42;2026-9.
- Kokoska ER, Bird TM, Robbins JM, Smith SD, Corsi JM, Campbell BT. Racial
disparities in the management of pediatric appendicitis. Journal of Surgical Research 2007:137;83-88.
- Campbell BT, Narasimhan NP, Golladay ES, Hirschl RB. Biliary dyskinesia: a
potentially unrecognized cause of abdominal pain in children. Pediatric Surgery International 2004;20:579-581.
- Campbell BT. Dividends. Academic Medicine 2004;79:487.
- Campbell BT, Braun T, Schumacher RE, Bartlett RH, Hirschl RB. Impact of ECMO on
neonatal mortality in Michigan (1980-1999). Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2003;38:290-295.
- Campbell BT, McLean KM, Barnhart DC, Drongowski RA, Hirschl RB. A comparison
between laparoscopic and open pyloromyotomy at a teaching hospital. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2002;37:1068-1071.