Mohsen Karimi, MD
|Education:||BS, Indiana University, 1991
MS, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, 1992
MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1996
|Residency:||General Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 1996-2002|
|Fellowship:||Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 2002-2005
Congenital Cardiothoracic Surgery, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, 2005-2006
Congenital Cardiac Surgery
Dr. Karimi’s clinical and research interests include: neonatal cardiothoracic surgery, hypoplastic left heart syndrome, single ventricle palliation, aortic arch disease, valvular heart disease, minimally invasive cardiothoracic surgery, blood conservation surgery, apoptosis, selective low-flow cerebral perfusion, and medical missions.
- Mohsen Karimi, MD, Alysha Jaffer, PA, Mac Vining, MD, Rod Pellenberg, MD, Ryan Jajosky, MD. Papillary Fibroelastoma of Tricuspid Valve in a Pediatric Patient. (Accepted to ATS 10/2012).
- Mohsen Karimi, MD, Ivan Florentino-Pineda, MD, Ted Weatherred, MD, Ahsan Qadeer, MD, Carol Ann Rosenberg, CCP, Andrea Hudacko, CCP, Duchwan Ryu, PhD. Blood Conservation Surgery in Pediatric Cardiac Patients: A paradigm Shift to Blood Utilization. Ann Thoracic Surgery. Nov. 2012.
- Mohsen Karimi, MD, Carol Ann Rosenberg, BA, CCP, William Lutin, MD. Surgical Management of Modified Damus-Kaye-Stansel after Fontan Operation. Cardiology in the Young. Oct. 2012;2:1-4.
- Mohsen Karimi, MD, Elise Hulsebus, PA, Henry Wiles, MD. A case of Complete Repair of Atrioventricular Canal with Cor Triatriatum & Straddling Chordae. World Journal for Pediatric & Congenital Heart Surgery. October 2012;3(4):515-517.
- Mohsen Karimi, MD, Elise Hulsebus, PA, William Lutin, MD. Reimplantation of Anomalous Single Coronary Artery from Pulmonary Artery: Diagnosis & Surgical Management. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. Jan 2012;93(1):308-310.
- Mohsen Karimi, MD, Elise Hulsebus, PA, Henry Wiles, MD, Kenneth Murdison, MD. A Case of Hybrid Closure of a Muscular Ventricular Septal Defect: Anatomical Complexity & Surgical Management. Cardiology in the Young. June 2012;22(3):356-9.
- Karimi M, Murdison K, Blackwood W, Davis W. Reimplantation of anomalous right coronary artery from left main coronary artery: a surgical option. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010 April 4(10):642-644.
- Montgomery J, Henderson M, Ostrowsky J, Karimi M, Hennein H. Repair of Ventricular Aneurysm after Stage I Modified Sano-Norwood Procedure. Critical Nurse Care. April 2010;30(2):54-9.
- Mohsen Karimi, MD, Ahmed Farouk, MD, Alex Golden, MD, Robert Gilkeson, MD. Hybrid Palliation of Interrupted Aortic Arch in a High Risk Neonate. Annals of Pediatric Cardiology.2010:Vol3(1):74-76.
- Farouk A, Zahka K, Siwik E, Golden A, Karimi M, Uddin M, Hennein HA. Anomalous origin of the left coronary artery from the right pulmonary artery. J Card Surg. 2009 Jan-Feb;24(1):49-54.