V. Matt Laurich, MD
|Education:||BA, Princeton University, 1997
MD, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, 2005
|Residency:||Pediatrics, Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, 2005-2008|
|Fellowship:||Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2008-2011|
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
Dr. Laurich completed his residency in Pediatrics at Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York-Presbyterian at Columbia University Medical Center in 2008. He then completed his fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City in 2011. During fellowship, Dr. Laurich’s research focused on the use of bedside ultrasound to evaluate first-trimester pregnancy complications in pregnant adolescents. Dr. Laurich’s current clinical and research interests include the febrile child and young infant and procedural sedation and analgesia in the emergency department.
- Laurich VM, Tsung JW. Point of Care First Trimester Pelvic Ultrasonography for the Pediatric Emergency Physician. Clin Ped Emerg Med. 2011, 12(1): 18-26.
- Newland JG, Laurich VM, Rosenquist AW, Heydon K, Licht DJ, Keren R, Zaoutis TE, Watson B, Hodinka RL, Coffin SE. Neurologic Complications in Children Hospitalized with Influenza: Characteristics, Incidence, and Risk Factors. J Peds. 2007; 150(3):306-310.
- Laurich VM, Trbovich AM, O'Neill FH, Houk CP, Sluss PM, Payne AH, Donahoe PK, Teixeira J. Mullerian inhibiting substance blocks the protein kinase A-induced expression of cytochrome p450 17alpha-hydroxylase/C(17-20) lyase mRNA in a mouse Leydig cell line independent of cAMP responsive element binding protein phosphorylation. Endocrinol. 2002; 143(9):3351-3360.
- Lorenzo HK, Teixeira J, Pahlavan N, Laurich VM, Donahoe PK, MacLaughlin DT. New approaches for high-yield purification of Mullerian inhibiting substance improve its bioactivity. J Chromatogr B. 2002; 766(1):89-98.
- Trbovich AM. Sluss PM. Laurich VM. O'Neill FH. MacLaughlin DT. Donahoe PK. Teixeira J. Mullerian Inhibiting Substance lowers testosterone in luteinizing hormone-stimulated rodents. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2001; 98(6):3393-3397.