Victor Herson, MD
|Education:||BA, Colgate University, 1969
MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1973
|Residency:||Pediatrics, University of Colorado Medical Center, 1973-1976|
|Fellowship:||Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, University of Connecticut, 1979-1981|
Professor of Pediatrics, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
General neonatology with focuses on quality improvement and infection control
- Fang; Guirguis; Borgida; Feldman; Ingardia; Herson; Increased neonatal morbidity despite pulmonary maturity for deliveries occurring before 39 weeks. The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine, in press.
- Kabbur P, Herson V, Wolkoff L: Midaortic syndrome on a premature infant. Connecticut Medicine, 76:73-75, 2012.
- Hagadorn J, Sanders M, Staves C, Herson V, Daigle K: Diuretics for very low birth weight babies in the first 28 days: a survey of U.S. neonatologists. J Perinatology, 31: 677-681, 2011.
- Herson V: Culturing expressed breast milk: a costly and (mostly) useless procedure. [Editorial] Journal of Perinatology; 31: 301, 2011.
- Spencer J, Ingardia C, Nold C, Borida A, Herson V, Egan J: Perinatal and neonatal outcomes of triplet gestations based on placental chorionicity. Am J of Perinatology; 26(8):587-90, 2009.
- Feldman D, Carbone J, Belden L, Borgida A, Herson V: Betamethasone versus dexamethasone for prevention of morbidity in very low birth weight neonates. Am. J Ob Gyn; 197:284 e1- 284e4, 2007.