Pediatric Audiologists at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center work closely with families to provide infants, children and adolescents with comprehensive assessment and monitoring of auditory function along with Audiological rehabilitation. Our audiologists work with children ages birth to 18 in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Administration and interpretation of measures to assess and monitor hearing acuity in patients at risk for hearing loss.
Auditory Electrophysiological Studies
- Brainstem auditory evoked response testing (sedated and nonsedated)
- Auditory steady state response (ASSR) testing
- Visual reinforcement audiometry
- Conditioned play audiometry
- Extended high frequency audiometry
Follow-up to referred newborn hearing screening
- Acoustic Reflexes
- Otoacoustic Emissions