Diabetes & Endocrinology
Our highly skilled board certified pediatric endocrinologists provide world-class integrated health care to infants, children and teens with a broad range of endocrine diseases, metabolic abnormalities and hormone conditions.
Connecticut Children's has several specialized programs to evaluate, diagnose and treat children in a patient- and family-centered environment. Our endocrinology specialists handle more than 11,000 outpatient visits and treat more than 1,000 children affected by diabetes each year.
Conditions we treat include:
- Adrenal dysfunction
- Calcium and bone metabolism abnormalities
- Delayed or precocious puberty
- Diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, monogenic , and other secondary forms of diabetes)
- Sexual differentiation and gender identity disorders
- Growth disorders (short stature)
- Lipid abnormalities
- Menstrual irregularities (primary and secondary amenorrhea)
- Parathyroid disorders
- Pituitary dysfunction
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid abnormalities
- Turner syndrome
Our family-based Fit 5 weight management programs are tailored to address the specific needs of families with children of all ages
Learn more »
Gender Identity Program
Connecticut Children's Gender Identity Program provides compassionate care to children and adolescents who express a strong desire to be the opposite gender.
Learn more »