Heart & Heart Surgery (Cardiology)
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center's cardiology specialists have handled more than 7,000 pediatric patient care visits, and perform over 100 heart surgeries each year. Our cardiologists provide advanced cardiac care to children of all ages in an environment specially designed to meet the physical and emotional needs of every child.
Collaborative, Family-Centered Care
Connecticut Children’s multidisciplinary team of cardiac physicians, surgeons and specialists are exclusively trained to care for fetuses, infants, children, adolescents and young adults requiring cardiac care. Our team of cardiac specialists provides a comprehensive range of diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures to children with congenital or acquired heart disease, heart murmurs, chest pain, high blood pressure, heart rhythm disorders and heart failure. This collaborative approach among our caregivers yields the most positive outcomes.
For children requiring heart surgery, our cardiothoracic surgery team, cardiac anesthesiology and the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) act as one integrated team to provide every child with optimal pre- and post-operative care.
We have some of the newest technologies and latest techniques available for scanning the structure of your child's heart. Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) offers your child several advantages: it doesn’t require surgery, it doesn’t use radiation and it gives clear, detailed images. We work with every family before and after the scan to make sure you understand your child’s results.
Programs & Services
- Routine evaluations
- State-of-the-art echocardiography, including fetal imaging
- MRI imaging, EP (electrophysiologic) tests and interventional cardiac catheterization
- Leading cardiovascular surgery program for congenital
- Cardiac stress testing, cardiac ablation and rhythm management
- Pacemakers and implantable cardiac defibrillators
- Comprehensive care for adults with congenital heart conditions
- Cardiac care at locations throughout Connecticut
- Virtus Investment Partners Invests in Connecticut Children’s New Cardiovascular Care Center
- Felice Heller, MD and Olga Toro-Salazar, MD Named 'Top Docs' by Hartford Magazine