Through a joint program with Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital called Northeast Pediatric Specialists, we offer the full spectrum of pediatric cardiovascular surgery treatment methods available.
Board-certified pediatric cardiovascular surgeons with extensive specialized training in every aspect of congenital heart disease provide expert care to children of all ages; from as early as when they're in their mother's womb to young adult. Our surgeons collaborate with experts in maternal-fetal medicine, pediatric cardiac anesthesiology, nursing and intensive care to provide comprehensive treatment to patients.
Once patients turn 21, we offer a smooth transition over to the adult congenital heart program.
Surgical procedures and areas of focus:
- Neonatal and pediatric repair of complete congenital cardiac anomalies
- Repair of adult congenital heart disease
- Vale repair or replacement
- Minimally invasive approaches to heart disease for certain lesions
- Blood conservation cardiac surgery
Complex procedures we perform include:
- BT shunts
- Glenn shunts
- Coarctation repair
- PDA ligation
- Pulmonary artery banding
- Arterial switch procedures
Our expert team of pediatric surgeons has extensive specialized training in the care of children of all ages in every aspect of congenital heart disease.