Connecticut Children’s board-certified primary care pediatricians offer complete health care services for infants, children and adolescents, from birth to 18 years of age.
Services for our patients and families include:
- 24/7 advice by phone
- Wellness visits
- Preventive care
- Treatment when your child is sick
- Mental health support
- Screenings for behavioral disorders
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic conditions
- Referral to the emergency department or other specialists at Connecticut Children’s as needed
- Programs and services that meet the needs of special pediatric populations
Preventive Health Care
During wellness visits, the primary care team will talk about important issues that may be of concern to your child and family and answer questions on topics such as behavior, development, discipline, education, nutrition, safety, and family relationships. Preventive health care also includes immunizations (shots) children need to prevent serious illnesses such as hepatitis, whooping cough and measles.