Communication is essential for quality clinical care. It is the policy of the Connecticut Children's to provide understandable information to patients, families and companions in the language with which they are most familiar.
Bi-lingual interpreters and cultural mediators are on staff to communicate with children and families and to advocate on their behalf.
Interpreters and cultural mediators:
- Facilitate appropriate Spanish-language communication between families and providers
- Serve as a cross-cultural link for families and providers
- Promote cultural awareness and sensitivity among health care teams
- Conduct pre-op tours and pre-op teaching in Spanish
- Advocate with community agencies on behalf of families
- Provide appropriate financial and community resource referrals
- Provide written translation of hospital-wide documents
To request interpreter services for your upcoming appointment at Connecticut Children's, please call 860.545.9700.