David Wang, MD, MS
|Education:||BA, Carleton College, 1981
MS, University of Minnesota, 1986
MD, University of Minnesota Medical School, 1989
|Residency:||Transitional, McKennan Hospital, 1989-1990
Family Practice, University of California at San Diego, 1991-1993
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
Dr. Wang is a sports medicine physician with more than 20 years of specialized care for youth athletes. He has a deep understanding of sports and the specific training regimes, and has worked with novice and Olympic athletes. Dr. Wang specializes in nonsurgical techniques for musculoskeletal conditions affecting the athlete and is active in concussion research. He received a grant from the U.S. Figure Skating Association to study the affects of spinning on cranial forces.
Dr. Wang is the head team physician for Quinnipiac University, a U.S. Figure Skating national network physician, and the medical director for KICK International.
- Wang D. Understanding Performance-Enhancing Drug Use. Connecticut Medicine: Sports Medicine Edition 2012;76(8):487-491.
- Foley C, Wang D. Central Diabetes Insipidus following a Sports-Related Concussion: A Case report. Sports Health 2012;4(2):139-141.
- Jacob J, Wang D. Case Report: Cardiac Non-compaction: A Rare Cause of Exertional Syncope in an Athlete. Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2012;11(2):64-69.
- Wang D, Arendt E. The Female Athlete. Handbook of Sports Medicine and Science : Volleyball. Blackwell Science Ltd. 2003.
- Wang D. Popliteal Artery Entrapment Masquerading as Asthma. The Physician and Sportsmedicine 2002;30(8):23-26.
- Wang D, Sakaguchi S. Syncope in Sports. The American Journal of Medicine and Sports 2000;2(5):299-304.
- Wang D, Sakaguchi S. Exercised-Induced Vasovagal Syncope. The Physician and Sportsmedicine 1997;25(5):64-74.
- Wang D, Goodman J. Joint Pain and Swelling: Could it be Lyme Arthritis? The Physician and Sportsmedicine 1997;25(2):26-32.
- Wang D, Koehler S, Mariash C. Detecting Graves' Disease: Presentations in Young Athletes. The Physician and Sportsmedicine 1996:24(12):35-40.
- Wang D, Koehler S. Case Report: Isolated Infraspinatous Atrophy in a Collegiate Volleyball Player. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine 1996;6(4):255-258.