Matthew Milewski, MD
|Education:||BS, Boston College, 2001
MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2005
|Residency:||Orthopaedics, Yale-New Haven Hospital/Yale School of Medicine, 2005-2010|
|Fellowship:||Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, University of Virginia, 2010-2011
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, 2011-2012
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
Dr. Milewski is a board-eligible orthopaedic surgeon and double-fellowship trained in sports medicine and pediatric orthopaedics. He grew up in Newington and later graduated from Boston College and then Georgetown University School of Medicine. Dr. Milewski completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Yale School of Medicine and Yale-New Haven Hospital. Subsequently, he completed a sports medicine fellowship at the University of Virginia where he helped care for the Division I athletes of the University of Virginia and James Madison University. Dr. Milewski then completed a pediatric orthopaedic fellowship at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. He has published multiple scientific articles and book chapters, and his research interests include studying new surgical techniques for anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction and patellar stabilization in young patients along with studying young athletes in the motion analysis laboratory to safely return them to play. Dr. Milewski is also interested in the effects of athletics on the growing musculoskeletal system. He has advanced training in arthroscopy and sports medicine and his clinical practice focuses on the care of the injured child and adolescent.
- Tompkins M, Keller TC, Milewski MD, Gaskin CM, Brockmeier SF, Hart JM, Miller MD. Anatomic Femoral Tunnels in PCL Reconstruction: Inside-Out versus Outside-In Drilling. Accepted for publication in Am J Sports Med 2012.
- Tompkins M, Milewski MD, Carson EW, Brockmeier SF, Hamann JC, Hart JM, Miller MD. Femoral tunnel length in primary anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using an accessory medial portal. Accepted for publication in Arthroscopy 2012.
- Diduch DR, Scanelli J, Tompkins M, Milewski MD, Carson EW, Ma SY. Tissue anchor use in arthroscopic glenohumeral surgery. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2012 Jul;20(7):459-71.
- Milewski MD, Nissen CW, Westwell M, Ounpuu S, Solomito M. Adolescent baseball pitching technique: lower extremity biomechanical analysis. J Appl Biomech. 2012 May 10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Milewski MD, Tompkins M, Giugale JM, Carson EW, Miller MD, Diduch DR. Complications related to anatomic reconstruction of the coracoclavicular ligaments. Am J Sports Med. 2012 Jul;40(7):1628-34. Epub 2012 May 2.
- Milewski MD, Diduch DR, Hart JM, Tompkins M, Ma SY, Gaskin CM.
Bone replacement of fast-absorbing biocomposite anchors in arthroscopic shoulder labral repairs. Am J Sports Med. 2012 Jun;40(6):1392-401. Epub 2012 Apr 20.
- Tompkins M, Milewski MD, Brockmeier SF, Gaskin CM, Hart JM, Miller MD.
Anatomic femoral tunnel drilling in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: use of an accessory medial portal versus traditional transtibial drilling. Am J Sports Med. 2012 Jun;40(6):1313-21. Epub 2012 Apr 20.
- Milewski MD, Beck NA, Lawrence JT, Ganley TJ. Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in the young athlete: a treatment algorithm for the skeletally immature. Clin Sports Med. 2011;30(4):801-810.
- Milewski, MD, Sanders TG, Miller MD. MRI-arthroscopy correlation: the knee. J Bone Joint Surg Am. Instructional Course Lectures. 2011 Sep 21;93(18):1735-1745.
- Milewski MD, Smitaman E, Moukaddam H, Katz, LD, Essig DA, Medvecky MJ, Haims AH. Comparison of 3D vs. 2D fast spin echo imaging for evaluation of articular cartilage in the knee on a 3T system scientific research. European Journal of Radiology. 2011. Jun 15.
- Milewski MD, Whang P, Grauer JN. Novel technique for preparing an allograft fibula to be used as a transacral graft for high grade spondylolisthesis. Am J Orthop. 2011;40(3):130-133, 138.
- Smith BG, Cruz AI, Milewski MD, Shapiro E. Lyme disease and the orthopaedic implications of Lyme arthritis. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2011 Feb;19(2):91-100.
- Milewski MD, Cruz AI, Miller CP, Peterson AT, Smith BG. Lyme arthritis in children presenting with joint effusions. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011 Feb;93(3):252-60.
- Slade JF 3rd, Milewski MD. Management of carpal instability in athletes. Hand Clin. Aug 2009. 25(3):395-408.