Nicole Murray, MD
|Education:||BS, Tulane University, 1991
MD, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1995
|Residency:||General Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1995-1996
Otolaryngology, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1996-2000
|Fellowship:||Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2000-2002|
Associate Professor of Otolaryngology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
Dr. Murray is especially interested in neonatal and pediatric airway disorders. She directs the Aerodigestive Team, providing coordinated multidisciplinary care to young patients with complex disorders of the airway, lungs and gastrointestinal systems. Dr. Murray also participates in the craniofacial team, responsible for the implementation of cutting-edge technologies for airway and feeding management in newborn patients with abnormalities of the palate and jaws. She has extensive experience, and a keen interest in diseases of the tonsils, adenoids, and ears that occur so commonly in children.
- Murray N, Johnson K, Inglis A, Javia L, Lioy J. Development & Implementation of a Critical Airway Response Team. American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology. Arlington, VA. April, 2013.
- Murray N*. Sinonasal Manifestations of Cystic Fibrosis. in Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery, Medscape Reference (formerly eMedicine World Medical Library), eMedicine.medscape.com, Inc., 2011, 2008, 2005, 2000.
- Murray, N*. Horses to Zebras: Common and Uncommon Causes of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children. Continuing Medical Education Course, Otolaryngology Mini Series- Connecticut Children's Continuing Medical Education, Hartford, CT April, 2011.
- Lawrason A, Murray N. Laryngomalacia in a patient with Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Society for ENT Diseases in Children, Cincinnati, OH, December 2010.
- Murray, N*. Mandibular Distraction for Infants with Pierre Robin Sequence: An Alternative to Tracheostomy? Continuing Medical Education Presentation, Hot Topics in Neonatology Conference, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, Hartford, CT. May, 2010.
- Murray, N*. Laryngeal Clefts. Connecticut State Ear, Nose, and Throat Society, Plantsville, CT. April, 2010.
- Kavanaugh, K, Murray N. Airway Manifestations of Arthrogryposis. American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology. Seattle, WA. May, 2009.
- Murray, N*. The Neonatal Airway- A Practical Approach. Hot Topics in Neonatology, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, Hartford, CT. November, 2006.
- Murray LN*. Myringitis bullosa. pp 49-51 in Advanced Therapy for Otitis Media Eds. Alper et al. BC Decker Hamilton, ON 2004.
- Rodriguez K, Murray N, Guarisco JL. Power-assisted partial adenoidectomy. Laryngoscope 2002; 112(8 Pt 2):26-8.
- Murray N*, Fitzpatrick P, Guarisco JL. Powered partial adenoidectomy. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2002; 128(7):792-6.
- Murray LN*, Tanaka GJ, Cameron D, Gianoli GJ. Coronal CT of the normal vestibular aqueduct in children. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 2000; 126:1351-1357.
- Murray N*, Muller S, Amedee RG. Ulcerative Lesions of the Oral Cavity- A Self-Instructional Package. American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Foundation, Alexandria, 2000.