Philip W. Mack, MD
|Education:||BS, University of California, Los Angeles, 1983
MD, University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine, 1989
|Residency:||Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, 1989-1991
Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, 1991-1995
|Fellowship:||Pediatric Orthopaedics, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, 1995-1996|
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
After graduating from UCLA, Dr. Mack received his medical degree from University of California, Irvine and completed his orthopedic residency at Duke Medical Center. Fellowship training in pediatric orthopaedics followed at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. In 2007, Dr. Mack completed an additional limited fellowship in Switzerland studying techniques of adolescent hip osteotomies and surgical hip dislocation. After four years working with Children’s Rehabilitative Services in northern Arizona, he spent 11 years at Shriners Hospital for Children Springfield, Massachusetts, prior to joining Connecticut Children’s in October 2011. His subspecialty interests include neonatal and adolescent hip pathology, clubfeet, and cerebral palsy.
- Lecroy, C.; Mack, P.; Goldner, R.: Acute osteomyelitis of the Pubic Symphysis Following Cardiac Catheterization. Orthopaedics, 20(2):171-173, 1997.
- Birch, J.G.; Lincoln, T.L.; Mack, P.W.: Functional Classification of Fibular Deficiency in the Child with a Limb Deficiency. AAOS, pp. 161-171, 1998.
- Sucato, D.J.; Johnston, C.E.; Birch, J.G.; Herring, J.A.; Mack, P.: Outcome of ultrasonographic hip abnormalities in clinically stable hips. J Pedi Orthop, 19(6):754-759, 1999.
- Moritz Tannast, MD; Andreas Krüger, MD; Philip W. Mack, MD; James N. Powell, MD, FRCS(C); Harish S. Hosalkar MD, MBMS (Orth), FCPS (Orth), DNB (Orth). Klaus A. Siebenrock,MD, Surgical hip dislocation for acetabular fracture fixation, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery - British Volume, Vol 92-B, Issue 6, 842-852.
- Moritz Tannast, MD; Philip W. Mack, MD; Bernd Klaser, MD; Klaus A. Siebenrock,MD, Hip Dislocation and Femoral Neck Fracture: Decision-making for Head Preservation, Injury. 2009 Oct;40(10):1118-24. Epub 2009 Jul 18.
- John G. Birch, MD., FRCS (C), Todd L. Lincoln, MD, Philip W. Mack, MD., Craig Birch, B.Sc.: Congenital Fibular Deficiency: A Review of Thirty Years' Experience at One Institution and a Proposed Functional Classification System,: Investigation performed at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, Texas: Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, 2010.