Education & Development Team
The Education & Development Team at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center is responsible for providing prospective, new and current employees with the information and resources necessary to perform their jobs with excellence. The team also supports child health in the community by offering premier pediatric education to professional health care providers in the area.
The Education & Development Team includes professional staff with training and expertise in staff development, nursing education, and pediatric clinical specialties. Working collaboratively with leaders from Nursing, Medicine, Quality and Human Resources, the team assesses employees’ learning needs, then plans, develops, implements, and evaluates customized programs to support professional practice. Educational initiatives are customer-focused, supporting staff as they provide family-centered care for patients at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.
Education and development services include:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Clinical validations
- Clinical courses in chemotherapy, IV skills, critical care, behavioral health training, preceptor training
- Diagnosis specific training
- Equipment training
- Heartsaver certification
- Job shadowing
- Lunch and learn education on healthcare topics
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)™
- Orientation of RNs and PCAs/Techs
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Physical Management Training (PMT) recertification
- Regional healthcare conferences
- Restraint training
- Safety and behavior specific training
- S.T.A.B.L.E.® Program
- Student placements
For more information about Connecticut Children’s educational offerings, call 860.545.8690.