Quality patient care is Connecticut Children's primary mission and it is our responsibility to respect the privacy and confidentiality of all patients and families. Corporate Communications handles all media inquiries and has several guidelines in place to safeguard our patients' and families' privacy.
- Contact Corporate Communications directly for patient condition updates and to request interviews or information.
- When referring to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, use the name in its entirety or shorten it to Connecticut Children’s. Do not use CCMC.
- For the safety and security of our patients and families, onsite interviews must be coordinated in advance to allow us time to schedule the appropriate staff, patients and families for your story.
- All reporters and photographers must be escorted by Corporate Communications staff at any Connecticut Children’s inpatient or outpatient locations.
- Patients, families and medical staff must give written permission by signing a Connecticut Children’s media release form before being photographed, interviewed or filmed.
Connecticut Children's Medical Center is a nationally recognized, 187-bed not-for-profit children's hospital serving as the primary teaching hospital for the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. Named among the best in the nation for several of its pediatric specialties in the annual U.S. News & World Report "Best Children's Hospitals" rankings, Connecticut Children's is the only free-standing children's hospital in Connecticut that offers comprehensive, world-class health care to children. Our pediatric services are available at Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford and at Saint Mary's Hospital in Waterbury, with neonatal intensive care units at Hartford Hospital and the University of Connecticut Health Center, along with a state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center, five specialty care centers and 11 other locations across the state. Connecticut Children's has a medical staff of nearly 1,100 practicing in more than 30 specialties.
For more information, visit www.connecticutchildrens.org or connect with us on Facebook at facebook.com/connecticutchildrens and Twitter at twitter.com/ctchildrens.