A Holistic Approach to Breastfeeding
Join us for a full-day conference to learn the latest information and recommendations related to therapies, supplements and nutrition for breastfeeding women. This event is intended for medical professionals.
- Discuss the evidence of safety, benefit and legal status of pharmaceutical galactagogues in the U.S.
- Discuss the evidence of safety and benefit for four dietary supplements commonly recommended/used by breastfeeding women
- Identify nutritional gaps for those who have restrictive dietary patterns
- Describe the evidence for complementary and alternative therapies promoted for breast engorgement, mastitis, cracked nipples and thrush
- Identify two integrative strategies for prevention and early recognition of postpartum depression
Tieraona Low Dog, MD
Tieraona Low Dog, MD’s exploration of natural medicine began more than 35 years ago as she studied midwifery, herbal medicine, massage therapy and martial arts before earning her medical degree from the University of New Mexico School of Medicine. An internationally recognized expert in the fields of integrative medicine, dietary supplements and women’s health, Dr. Low Dog was appointed by President Bill Clinton to the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy, served as the elected Chair of the U.S. Pharmacopeia Dietary Supplements and Botanicals Expert Information Panel, and was appointed to the Scientific Advisory Council for the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
Parking is free
Breakfast and lunch are provided