Pediatric Palliative Care: Filling the Gap to Access in Connecticut Through the Education of Nurses
Co-sponsored by the Sunflower Kids Pediatric Palliative Care Team at Connecticut Children’s
Connecticut is experiencing a significant shortage of pediatric nurses trained in palliative care while the need for pediatric palliative care continues to grow. Join us November 14th for the first DPH-supported Statewide Pediatric Palliative Care Education Program.
This full-day educational offering includes 6 nursing contact hours and will surely help fill this void by preparing more nurses to offer more consistent, holistic Palliative Care throughout CT for our pediatric population.
Topics to be covered include:
- A general overview of pediatric palliative care
- Pain and symptom management communication skills
- The essentials of child development
- Self-care techniques for the caregiver
- Understanding the needs of the bereaved parent
If you are a nurse who works with seriously ill pediatric patients, you don’t want to miss this program.