Led by renowned cardiac surgeon and Clinical Director Dennis M. Mello, MD, we offer the full spectrum of pediatric cardiovascular surgery treatment methods available.
We provide expert care to children of all ages; from as early as when they’re in their mother’s womb to young adult. Our surgeons collaborate with experts in maternal-fetal medicine, pediatric cardiac anesthesiology, nursing and intensive care to provide comprehensive treatment to patients.
Once patients turn 21, we offer a smooth transition over to the adult congenital heart program.
Surgical procedures and areas of focus:
- Neonatal and pediatric repair of complete congenital cardiac anomalies
- Repair of adult congenital heart disease
- Vale repair or replacement
- Minimally invasive approaches to heart disease for certain lesions
- Blood conservation cardiac surgery
Complex procedures we perform include:
- BT shunts
- Glenn shunts
- Coarctation repair
- PDA ligation
- Pulmonary artery banding
- Arterial switch procedures
Our expert team of pediatric surgeons has extensive specialized training in the care of children of all ages in every aspect of congenital heart disease.