The inpatient cardiology team cares for patients in the Intensive Care Unit and on the cardiac nursing floor. Our inpatient cardiologists work as part of a multidisciplinary team, consisting of cardiologists, critical care doctors, cardiothoracic surgeons, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, and nutritionists to provide excellent care for our patients.
We care for a wide spectrum of patients, including:
- Newborns with heart disease
- Patients awaiting surgery
- Patients with heart failure
- Patients with cardiac arrhythmias
- Patients recovering from cardiac surgery
- Patients requiring ECMO support
- Patients preparing for or recovering from complex cardiac catheter-based procedures
Our caregivers use standardized care pathways to shorten hospital stays, minimize complications, prevent infections, promote early extubation, and reduce medical errors. Our team engages in family centered rounds at the bedside to ensure the clearest communication with families. We aim to provide world-class care as well as compassionate support for our patients and their families.
We pay particular attention to transfers from OR to ICU, ICU to regular nursing floor, and hospital to home, to ease transitions and improve the quality of medical handoffs so that patients can get back to being healthy as quickly and safely as possible.