This educational program provides general guidelines for the assessment and stabilization of sick infants in the post-resuscitation/pre-transport stabilization period. Health caregivers, including community and pre-hospital providers involved with these activities, would benefit from the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program curriculum.
- Friday, September 28, 2018
The one-day course will be held from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the following location:
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Learning and Performance Department
10 Columbus Boulevard, Room 2036
Hartford, CT 06016
Please allow extra time for morning traffic and parking.
This course has been approved for 9.6 contact hours of nursing continuing education credit by gRN NICU Consulting, Inc. (CA BRN CEP# 15417).
This activity is pending approval for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Contact Neonatal Outreach Coordinator Nancy Cyr at 860.545.8042 or via email to register and confirm eligibility.
Course fee is $100, payable in advance by credit card or check.
Credit card payments may be arranged by contacting Neonatology Department at 860.545.8950.
Checks are to be made payable to “Connecticut Children’s Medical Center”, with STABLE course/date in the memo line and mailed to:
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
Attn: Nancy Cyr, BSN, RNC-NIC
Neonatal Outreach Coordinator
282 Washington St.
Hartford, CT 06106
Preparation for Class
- Review the STABLE Program Learner Manual (6th ed.) and complete the pretest. The manual and pretest/answer sheet will be provided once course fee is received. The pretest is not mandatory but strongly recommended. The manual may be used to complete the test if desired.
- Return the pretest and answer sheet along with the learner manual on the day of class. The answers to the pretest will be reviewed at the beginning of class. Pretest score does not impact successful completion of the course.
Day of Class
- Wear layers – classroom temperatures vary.
- Lunch will be on your own. Coffee and tea will be provided. A microwave and refrigerator are available.
- A post-test will be administered after the first five modules and completed as a group.
- Individuals complete the Mixed Module post-test independently. A passing score of 85% will be required for successful completion of the course.
- Continuing education credit is optional and available to learners who successfully complete the course. For those who desire a CE certificate, completion of an on-line evaluation and payment of a $20 fee is required.
Title of Session
|8:00-8:30||Introduction to the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program and Review of Pre-Test|
|8:30-9:45||Sugar and Safe Care Module
Administer and review Sugar Module Quiz questions
Administer and review Temperature Module Quiz questions
|12:00-12:45||Lunch – on your own|
|12:45-13:45||Airway Module (continues)
Administer and review Airway Module Quiz questions
|13:45-14:50||Blood Pressure Module
Administer and review Blood Pressure Module Quiz questions
|15:00-16:15||Lab Work Module
Administer and review Lab Work Module Quiz questions
|16:15-16:45||Emotional Support & Quality Improvement Modules|
|16:45-17:15||Administer Mixed Module post-test questions and review answers|
|17:15||Complete evaluations, collect test answer sheets, and adjourn|
S.T.A.B.L.E. Course Completion
The learner participant must attend the entire course and complete all modules. All 32 quiz questions must be completed, and learner must pass the Mixed Module post-test. A S.T.A.B.L.E. Course completion card will be distributed to the learner after the course roster is received and approved by the S.T.A.B.L.E. administrative staff. The course completion card is valid for two years.
Rescheduling and Refunds
It is extremely important that you make every effort to attend the course on your scheduled date. Because some classes require a minimum number of participants, we depend on your participation, and your cancellation may affect others. However, if an emergency arises and you are unable to attend, please contact us in advance and we will work with you to reschedule a mutually agreeable date.
In the event that it is not possible to reschedule, we will refund your course participation fee. Please note that all refunds are issued by check; we are not able to issue refunds to your credit card. A social security number will be needed to process the refund check.
Course books must be returned promptly after completion of the course in the same condition in which you received them. If you do not return a book, or if you return it in a damaged condition, you will be expected to replace the book or reimburse Connecticut Children’s for its cost.
In the case of inclement weather, call the Course Cancellation Line at 860.837.5480, option 5, to determine if your training class will be held. The Cancellation Line will generally be updated the day before the storm by 7:30 p.m.