Additional Resources for Medical Professionals
The physician liaison provides a single point of contact for physicians in the community. The liaison links them to the specialists, programs and services offered by Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. The physician liaison can also assist physicians in making referrals and navigating our programs and services.
To reach the physician liaison, send an email or call 888.543.7778 during regular business hours.
To be accessible and to facilitate optimal communication between referring providers and our medical staff, Connecticut Children’s partners with the referring community through the Referring Providers Advisory Board. The Board meets quarterly to discuss service issues and establish ways to overcome known obstacles, so that patients get the very best care possible.
On an ongoing basis, the Board has three areas of focus:
- Identify key issues affecting both the community-based provider decision to refer to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center and the internal referrals among Connecticut Children’s departments
- Identify organization-wide referral standards including access, callbacks, care communication, and coordination of ancillary testing
- Identify and develop referring provider service standards
To learn more about the Referring Provider Advisory Board, please contact us via email or call 860.837.6251.
Connecticut Children’s staff is here to help referring providers obtain medical records regarding their patients for whom we have provided care. Safeguarding patient information is our priority. We limit the faxing of medical records to urgent circumstances only, and in some cases, signed disclosure authorization is required before we can provide the requested medical information.
To request information regarding your patients for whom Connecticut Children’s has provided care, please contact the specialty department directly, at the number listed here. A disclosure authorization form is not necessary.
Patient or Family Requests
If your patients or their parents would like a personal copy of their medical records, they will need to complete and return our Authorization to Disclose Protected Health Information form. For more information on how to patients and families can submit medical records requests, please visit the Medical Record Information page.
Inquiries regarding requests for access or release of protected health information should be directed to the Health Information Management department by calling 860.837.5780.
Connecticut Children’s is committed to meeting the following standards regarding physician call back response:
- Routine callbacks – we promise a call back to our referring providers by 5:30 pm the same day the call is received
- Urgent callbacks – we promise to call back our referring providers within 15 minutes for urgent patient care issues
- Diagnostic dilemma callbacks – we promise to call back our referring providers within 15 minutes for diagnostic dilemmas
We track our achievement quarterly.
We welcome your feedback. Please send an email to let us know how well we are meeting your physician call back needs.