LAMPP Green & Healthy Homes Project
Connecticut Children’s LAMPP Green & Healthy Homes Project (LAMPP) improves children’s health by making their homes healthier, safer places to be. We are committed to protecting children from lead poisoning and making homes in Connecticut green, safe and healthy. LAMPP receives funding through US Department of Housing and Urban Development and the State of Connecticut Department of Housing.
Our goal is to protect children before they are poisoned by lead hazards or injured by safety hazards in their homes. LAMPP integrates health and safety interventions, lead hazard control, energy efficiency interventions, and housing rehabilitation for property owners by coordinating resources in an efficient manner to produce green and healthy homes. Our approach improves the housing for current and future occupants.
LAMPP services are available in 15 towns and cities across Connecticut. LAMPP provides qualified homeowners and tenants with:
- Inspections and plans for lead and home safety hazard removal
- Financial assistance to remediate hazards
- Relocation assistance during construction
- Referrals to low- or no-cost home weatherization programs designed to increase energy efficiency
- Lead hazard and healthy homes education
For more information about LAMPP at Connecticut Children’s, call 860.837.6241.