Christine Finck, MD
|Education:||BS, Boston University, 1990
MD, SUNY Upstate Medical University at Syracuse, 1994
|Residency:||Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University at Syracuse, 1994-2000|
|Fellowship:||Pediatric Surgery, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, 2000-2002|
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Surgery, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
Neonatal surgery, diseases of premature newborns, lung abnormalities, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), bariatric surgery for adolescents, minimally invasive surgery
- Roszell BR, Mondrinos MJ, Seaton A, Simons DM, Koutzaki SH, Fong GH, Lelkes PI, Finck CM. Efficient Derivation of Alveolar Type II Cells from Embryonic Stem Cells for In Vivo Tissue Eng Part A. 2009 Nov;15(11):3351-65 Montegudo J, Ruscher K, Finck, C. Congenital Subcostal Hernia with Unusual Contents. Journal of Pediatric Surgery- 2010 Feb;45(2):435-7.
- Weiss, D, Finck C. Embryonic Stem Cells and Repair of Lung Injury. Molecular Therapy, Mar;18(3):460-1.. 2010.
- Dressler AM, Finck CM, Carroll CL, Bonanni CC, Spinella PC. Use of a massive transfusion protocol with hemostatic resuscitation for severe intraoperative bleeding in a child. J Pediatr Surg. 2010 Jul;45(7):1530-3.
- Thatch KA, Yoo EY, Arthur LG 3rd, Finck C, Katz D, Moront M, Prasad R, Vinocur C, Schwartz MZ. A comparison of laparoscopic and open Nissen fundoplication and gastrostomy placement in the neonatal intensive care unit population. J Pediatr Surg. 2010 Feb;45(2):346-9. Review Scarpato KR, Makari JH, Agaronov M, Balarezo F, Parikh N, Finck CM, Ferrer FA. Primary renal synovial sarcoma in a 13-year-old boy. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 46(9), 1849-51, 2011.
- Todd Jensen1, MSc; Blair Roszell2, PhD; Fan Zang3, MSc, Eric Girard, MD4, Adam Matson5, MD; Roger Thrall, PhD6; Diane M. Jaworski, PhD7 ; Cayla Hatton8; Daniel J. Weiss9, MD, PhD; Christine Finck, MD10. A Rapid Lung De-cellularization Protocol Supports Embryonic Stem Cell Differentiation In Vitro and Following Implantation. Tissue Engineering, Part C 18(8); 632-46, 2012.
- Popp, Spinella, Finck. Pediatric Surgical Simulation Education in Connecticut. Connecticut Medicine, 76(3), 159-162; 2012.
- Schoem, Finck. Time out for surgeons: when is the attending surgeon too tired? Connecticut Medicine, 76(3), 171-172, 2012.
- Katz MS, Finck CM, Schwartz MZ, Moront ML, Prasad R, Timmapuri SJ, and Arthur LG. Vacuum-assisted closure in the treatment of extensive lymphangiomas in children. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 47(2), 367-371, 2012.
- Hollander, Girard, Ruscher, Sayej, Finck. Infected Urachal Cyst Secondary to a Crohn's Fistula. Journal of Pediatric Surgery- accepted for publication 2012.
Two NIH grants supporting research in premature lung disease, stem cell therapy and tissue engineering.