Connecticut Children’s board-certified adolescent medicine physicians provide outpatient consultative care to adolescent and young adult patients (ages 10 to 25 years) and their families.
We collaborate with primary care physicians, subspecialists, and other healthcare providers to optimize care of our patients.
For more information about adolescent medicine services at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at 860.837.7681.We provide consultative services in the diagnosis and management of the following:
- Eating disorders
- Menstrual disorders, including amenorrhea, irregular menses, dysmenorrhea, and menstrual problems in patients with chronic diseases or developmental delay
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Contraception, including pills, injectables, hormonal implants, and IUDs
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment
- Vulvovaginal or penile discharge, infections, rashes, or other complaints
- Gynecologic examinations and cervical cancer screening
- Concerns about pubertal development
- Other reproductive health issues
- Medical uses of hormonal contraception
- Concern for substance abuse
- Concern about adolescent sexuality
- Breast concerns