Solid Tumor Program
Connecticut Children’s solid tumor program is one of the few pediatric cancer programs in the country with a dedicated team. The team collaborates with regional and national committees to develop novel therapies for children with solid tumor malignancies. The solid tumor program is nationally recognized among basic science and clinical research efforts.
Our program is committed to early and accurate diagnosis of tumors. We expertly coordinate personalized treatment plans in a seamless manner following a child’s initial diagnosis.
The solid tumor specialists at Connecticut Children’s are experienced in managing:
- Ewings Sarcoma and related tumors
- Germ Cell Tumor
- Non-Rhabdomatous sarcomas
- Wilms Tumor
Our oncology specialists provide world-class care for children with cancer by combining the expertise of specialists in related disciplines with an intensely collaborative treatment approach.
The multidisciplinary solid tumor team at Connecticut Children’s includes:
- Medical oncologists well-versed in the most current research data and clinical innovations
- Surgeons with expertise in treating all types of pediatric cancers
- Radiation oncologists with extensive experience and cutting-edge technology at their fingertips