The pediatric hospitalists at Connecticut Children’s work directly with referring pediatricians or primary care physicians (PCP) from the community to provide high-level, specialized care to children who must stay in the hospital for ongoing treatment. When referring a child to Connecticut Children’s in Hartford or Waterbury, pediatricians and PCPs can rely on:
- Expert, 24/7 care from board certified pediatric hospitalists, residents or other mid-level practitioners
- Patient- and family-centered, evidence-based care corresponding to nationally recognized clinical pathways and protocols, with a focus on defined quality measures and clearly defined outcomes
- State-of-the-art facilities and accommodations for children and parents
- Knowledgeable physicians with faculty appointments at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine who are up-to-date on the latest studies, diagnostic approaches and treatments
- Direct verbal communication with referring providers when every child is ready for discharge
Our team of hospitalists is available to admit and provide care to general pediatric patients whose community pediatricians do not have admitting privileges to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. In addition, our inpatient management team can provide consultative medical and surgical services for complex patients.