The inpatient cardiology team cares for patients in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and on the cardiac nursing floor at Connecticut Children’s. Our inpatient cardiologists work as part of a multidisciplinary team, including cardiologists, critical care doctors, cardiothoracic surgeons, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, and nutritionists to provide excellent care for our patients.
Our team engages in family-centered rounds at the bedside to encourage clear communication with families.
Inpatient Cardiology Services
We care for a wide spectrum of patients, including:
- Newborns with heart disease
- Patients awaiting surgery
- Patients with heart failure
- Patients with cardiac arrhythmias
- Patients recovering from cardiac surgery
- Patients requiring ECMO support
- Patients preparing or recovering from complex cardiac catheter-based procedures
We also prepare families for the transition from hospital to home to ensure patients can get back to being healthy as quickly and safely as possible.