Connecticut Children’s Division of Neurosurgery seeks to better understand disorders that affect the pediatric nervous system. As part of the state’s only health system 100% dedicated to children, we are committed to advancing the field of pediatric neurosurgery. We work with other researchers regionally and nationally to improve pediatric neurosurgical understanding and clinical care.
Core Research Areas
- Understand how small bits of genetic material affect pediatric brain tumor growth and survival
- Improve outcomes in pediatric brain tumor patients
- Create more accurate models of pediatric cranial deformities to develop better treatments and screening
- Use machine learning (Artificial Intelligence) to better understand how neurosurgical treatments impact pediatric patient outcomes
- Optimize training and education in pediatric neurosurgery
- Engage in national efforts for advocacy and education for pediatric neurosurgical patients
- Improved outcomes in pediatric patients with hydrocephalus through participation in the implementation/quality improvement arm of the multi-center Hydrocephalus Clinical Research Network.
|Skull, Neck & Spine
- Use ultrasound to prevent bone resorption after procedures involving the skull
- Optimize evaluation and management of conditions impacting the spine at the junction of the head and neck