The Division of Pediatric Neurology at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center offers comprehensive evaluation, diagnostic and treatment services for infants, children and adolescents affected by neurologic disorders and motor/functional impairments.
Our team of board-certified neurologists and nurses provides compassionate, family-centered care for all neurologic conditions, starting from common headaches to the most complex congenital and acquired disorders that affect the nervous system.
Pediatric neurologists at Connecticut Children’s offer world-class treatment options for a wide range of neurologic conditions, such as:
- Cerebral palsy
- White matter disorders
- Movement disorders, including tics
- Neurocutaneous diseases (NF and TS)
- Neurogenetic disorders, including metabolic conditions
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Neurodevelopmental diseases
- Cerebrovascular diseases
Programs and Services
Connecticut Children’s is home to several specialized neurological programs for children affected by epilepsy, genetic disorders of the brain and neuromuscular conditions.
- In the Epilepsy Center, we see patients who suffer from seizures of all severity levels. Many pediatric patients benefit from our Ketogenic Diet Program, medical nutritional therapy that helps reduce epileptic seizures in children. Neonatal seizures and infantile spasm require specialized investigations and treatments.
- The MDA Care Center uses a multidisciplinary team approach in caring for all neuromuscular conditions, such as muscular dystrophy, myopathy, myasthenia gravis and spinal muscular atrophy. It offers cutting-edge treatments and access to clinical trials.
- In the Pediatric CMT Center of Excellence, we provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluation and treatment for inherited neuropathies such as Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease.
- For children born with genetic disorders affecting brain development, neurologists in the Neurogenetics Clinic offer diagnostic tools and treatment.