For Medical Professionals
Obesity has reached epidemic proportions among children in the United States, affecting nearly 40 percent of children. Connecticut Children’s Pediatric Obesity Center for Treatment, Research and Education, in collaboration with the hospital’s Co-Management Program, has developed the following tools to help primary care providers in the assessment and treatment of childhood obesity and its co-morbidities.
Pathways for Assessment & Treatment of Co-Morbidities
- Initial Assessment of the Overweight/Obese Child
- Lipid Abnormalities
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome -PCOS
Referrals: Guidelines & Forms
- Endocrinology Referral Guidelines – Overweight/Obesity
- Weight Management Program Referral form (PDF)*
- Weight Management Program referral form (Electronic)*
- Clinical Nutrition Services Referral form
- Endocrinology Referral Form
- Pediatric Sleep Medicine Referral Form
*A weight management program referral does not include an endocrine consultation.