Antenatal urologic abnormalities are co-managed in close partnership with physicians at Hartford Hospital, the University of Connecticut Health Center, and Danbury Hospital.
Maternal-fetal medicine specialists, neonatologists and other pediatric subspecialists collaborate closely on patient care, and many visits are combined with our colleagues in pediatric nephrology. Advanced diagnostic techniques such as fetal MRI are available to improve prenatal diagnoses and preparation for neonatal care. We also partner with the Fetal Care Center.
Conditions We Treat
- Posterior Urethral Valves
- Prune Belly Syndrome (Eagle-Barrett)
- Bladder Exstrophy
- Cloacal Exstrophy
- Spina Bifida
Services We Provide
- A plan for delivery close to home or close to Connecticut Children’s
- A plan for care after birth, including further imaging and antibiotics, if needed
- Close follow up for your child after delivery with the same team you met prenatally