The craniofacial team at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center specializes in providing compassionate care for children with congenital defects of the head and neck and defects acquired from trauma or cancer.
Conditions We Treat
Our multidisciplinary team collaborates to diagnose and treat an array of common and complex disorders in infants, children, adolescents, and young adults, including:
- Cleft lip and palate
- Cranial and facial asymmetry
- Ectodermal dysplasia
- Nasal and jaw deformities
- Other oral and facial asymmetry and facial abnormalities
- Speech disorders associated with hypernasality and/or velopharyngeal incompetence
- 22q11.2 deletion syndrome
Services we offer include:
- Prenatal consultation
- Genetic counseling
- Speech-language pathology
Connecticut Children’s Craniofacial program is accredited by the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association.